Tuesday 21 February 2012

What can I say?

This month so far has been super busy, but I am thankful, as it is photography that has kept me on my toes.  I have my own gig this weekend with a lady who has asked for boudoir photos.  She is doing it to surprise her hubby.  I'm excited to do that shoot.  Erica is assisting me, as this woman has never done make up in her life and I don't like putting make up on other people, so Erica is coming to do it.  And, she will be helping me with other things if needed.

A few days ago I shot for the first time with Lou.  It was seriously different than anything I am used to, do or practice.  His shoot was very standard, typical positioning of the people and because it was "his" shoot, I wasn't really able to do what I wanted.  A little disappointing, but it is leading to a wedding shoot and that is what I need.  The wedding is in a week and half.  Can't wait!

As most of you know, I have a website now called ******.  It's a free site so it's nothing fancy but it gets the job done for now.

Thank you to all of you who have supported me over the past little while.

Sara, if you hadn't traded cameras with me I would be nowhere close to where I am now.
Josi, you've been a great at giving me confidence
Meagan, you are always so stoked for me.  I love it!!
Erica, you're just always loving everything I do!

Anna and I have decided to team up if and when I ever get booked my own wedding.  We are calling ourselves "Photography Belle's".  I thought incorporating both our "Bel's" in our names would be cute.  She will be my "back up" camera, shooting all the details, pretty things, food etc. and getting to places where I can't be - like with the groom and men while I'm with bride.  We are super excited to work together.  A good friend of mine's daughter recently was engaged and are considering using me for the wedding!  Hopefully I will know soon.

I'm putting in a pic I took at the engagement shoot, of the woman's son.  He really wasn't that enthusiastic about anything, but this shot is gorgeous.  (well, I think so!)  I am my toughest critic so when I find one I like, I am happy

4 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you for getting to where you are... it's easy to see that you've done everything right, and you have the initiative, drive and talent to take this where you want. And that's the exciting part!!!!
    Why don't you post a link to your website? (not just the name?) I can help you if you want.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank Jo! I would maybe like to link my page to here, but on a page that never changes? Know what i mean? I don't want people to have to search for it. I will try and if I need help I'll ask you!
    I miss you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another thing you can do is add as your "signature" to your emails a link to your website with a little oohrase like Visit me on my website at ......" (insert web link)
    I cannot express enough how glad I am we traded camera's. I loved my "old" one, but I knew it was best in your hands. It was almost like I was killing it of a broken heart because I couldn't allow it to live up to it's potential. Please camera, don't die!! So, yes. I WILL accept FULL credit for all your accomplishments! :) *hehehe*

    ReplyDelete
  4. that should read "with a little PHRASE" fingers must have slipped BIG time!!

    ReplyDelete