Friday 23 March 2012

New interests and new perspectives

Thanks to my simply gorgeous sister Josi, I think I just may be into maternity photography now!  he he he.  I will have to try to shoot someone I don't know - that'll make or break me.  Josi was a great sport; even climbed into a barn window!!!  I'm not sure every pregnant woman would be as co operative :)






I completely love being with Josi.  

I was talking to Dwayne last night about best friends.  We chatted for a while and defined what a best friend should/would be.  I've been calling a certain someone my best friend for years (pretty much my entire life)  and have realized recently that she is not a good friend at all.  A best friend is honest, true, happy when you succeed, sad when you fail.  Best friends are the siblings God forgot to give us.  I've certainly got enough siblings!  But that is why He gave me Dwayne.  I feel so lucky and blessed that my husband is truly my best friend.  



So, as we chatted about this last night, Dwayne asked me about my "so called" best friend - and for the first time in my life I finally recognized that she is not my best friend.  That left me a bit sad actually.  And, made me think.  Even though I have Dwayne, I need my girls.  Every girl needs another girl.  This brought me to my sisters.  And I realized that with all of them combined, I have the perfect best friend!  Each sister brings a quality that is absolute BFF material. 

Sara....makes me pee my pants laughing
Jes...brings out my "fun" side
Ashley...makes me so super proud to be a big sister
Anna...perfect chilling friend and of course I love the way she claps her hands when she is excited!
Josi...gives honest, true advice and completely easy to talk to 



So, as I thought about my sisters I thought more about how people respond to me.  How do they "love" me.    I thought about the person who is the first - always -  to offer love, a hug, an ear.  She never gives advice unless I need it (only because she is truly a good listener).  She's got awesome shoulders to lean on and a huge heart.  This person will go down in family history as "the one who ALWAYS put family first, did everything possible to be with and help family, who is true to her word and finds life unbearable without the love of her family"  This person has been a big part of my life, and even though she's not my sister, she has definitely earned a spot up there with them!
Meagan.
yes, you!
I love you!





 

2 comments: