Friday 24 February 2012

Is it ok to set crazy goals?

I've decided that I am going to set some goals for my future.  They seem a little far fetched right now and quite possibly unachievable, but with the way things are going for me right now....anything is possible.

I really don't want to go on and on and on and on about photography and I apologize, but I just can't help it.  It's something I've wanted to be good at my whole life.  I'm obsessed!  My Aunt Terry bought me my first camera when I was 9 and ever since then I've always wanted to be great.  Not just "Oh, look...Jenn's pics are really good" great, I want to be "And the award for year's best wedding photographer goes to Jennifer Faria!" great.



I'm quite certain that none of you know just how hard I've been working, studying, making notes, practicing, dreaming etc.  Every day I imagine different types of photographs - then I search for them on the net.  Then I practice them.  I practice lighting techniques and crazy ideas.  I have an idea now for a shot that I have practiced over 75 times and still can't get.  I WILL GET IT!!!   Images come into my head of moments I'd love to create and capture.  These images are not possible for me to capture right now but one day I will!  Looking at photography on the net gives me inspiration.  Not that I want to be like them, I want to be completely opposite.  Looking at engagement photos makes me shake my head.....seriously?  Can't those photographers think of anything better to do?  Come on!!!  That's when I came up with the idea to use feathers with Janet and Ed.  Unfortunately for me that session did not go as well as I had hoped ... I'll have to try again another day.  So easily I could have thrown my passion, desires, ideas etc in the toilet for the amount of frustration, disappointments and failures that come with learning.  Lucky for me I get such a thrill when even one picture out of 100 turns out great. 

So, here's my goal.  By the time I'm 45 I want to be on the path for winning an award!  I also want to have been to Africa once to do photography.  I want to be in full time business doing weddings, engagement and boudoir.  All this of course will be done with a partner.  Right now Anna and I will work together on weddings....and if all goes well we will be famous one day!

Those are my thoughts for this morning.

What are YOUR goals and dreams?

1 comment:

  1. It is ok to set crazy goals!! I do it. And I'm TOTALLY sane! In all honesty, what I do is set high goals, and give it a timeline. I constantly visit my timeline and see if I'm on track. If I'm not, I determine what my opportunites are, what needs to be encouraged, changed and so on. Make your goals smart goals and you will achieve everything you want!

    ReplyDelete