Sunday 8 January 2012

Some goals for 2012

Dwayne and I have a book where we keep our thoughts, ideas and plans.  We check in on our book from time to time to see how "on track" we are.  We like putting a check mark beside the things we have accomplished!
The book began before we bought our house and on the first page, written in calligraphy "ish" writing was the title "Our House".  We jotted down all details of how we wanted our first house to be.  With the exception of a couple minor things (that we had previously agreed we could live without - ie fireplace-) we got our house.  Anyways....I'm getting off track here.....surprise!  Jenn's "branching out"!  LOL
2011 brought a LOT of accomplishments.  Reno'd basement, all new floors in bedrooms, and a few other lil' things.
I'm hoping 2012 will be prosperous.  I have a few things (well, maybe more than a few) that I would like to see done.
The first thing is......
Our trip to Florida.  Dwayne's Uncle bought a house in Port Charlotte and we are renting it for a week in April.  We are driving out on the 20th.  I am sooooooooooooooo looking forward to sitting by the private heated pool alllllll daaaaaayyy loooonnngg!



I haven't decided yet as to what I'm going to do while I soak up the sunshine.  Should I work on my book?  My plan with that is to break it into 2 books, so it isn't so long.  Apparently, publishers do not like first time authors to write more than 50,000 words. It's too much of a gamble, too expensive to print.  My book is 100,000 words. So, I could use that week to fix my book.  Or, I could paint.  I have had a couple requests (I KNOW Sara and Erica!!!!) for paintings and I just haven't gotten around to them yet.  I could paint.  Or........................I could sit and do nothing!  Me?  Do nothing?  hmmmmmm.

My goal for the summer is to buy, install and have beautiful new French doors.  As you all know, the sliding patio doors in my livingroom suck monkey balls, and they need to be replaced.  I need to save $1,000 and when I do.............VOILA!

I have recently painted my livingroom.  (Pics will come shortly).  It is stunningly beautiful.  Fresh, bright, clean and crisp.  These new French doors will be perfect!

I have a vacation booked for the last week in August.  I am hoping to go to the cottage.  I think my dad is going to be there too.  Hopefully Ashley will come.  I'm SICK OF HER NOT COMING TO VISIT ME!!!!!!!!!!  lol.  I love you Ashley!  xoxoxoxoxo

As of yesterday, we have a major leak in our upstairs bathroom, that is leaking through the floor and into our kitchen.  Boo.  So, for now we won't use the bathtub (which won't be much different, as we didn't use that tub for 5 years anyways)  Maybe I'll save some money up and during next Christmas holidays we'll put in a new bathroom. 

Well folks, these are my plans, hopes and goals for 2012.  I'll be sure to keep you all updated as I progress. 

2 comments:

  1. And you need to play photographer on Aug 4th. Save the date!!
    If you buy the french doors Caldon can install them when we visit you in the week or 2 before Aug 4. (Save the date!) I'm sure he fix the leak too.
    I say you paint by the pool. Or paint now and give it to me on Aug 4. (Save the date!!) LMAO!!
    Oh, and drop the Hello Kitty crap. It's gay. We have so much HK crap at work. I could vomit. ARGH!!
    Love you!
    p.s. SAVE THE DATE!!!! (Aug 4, 2012) and yes, that is my dress. Alfred Angelo - Cinderella Disney Collection. After everything is official and announced to everyone, we need to talk!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will save the date! Photography?? yipppeee!!!
    We don't know where the leak is coming from. It's the bathtub somewhere.
    Hello Kitty is NOT gay!! You're gay!
    Should I save Aug. 4th for something?
    Saving.....saving.....saved!!
    Oh, do I need to have a room ready for you too?
    I have decided that my "eeeeeeeek" is a good one. I think you have smartened up and finally are on the right track.
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete